On this page you can find a number of programs and scripts that we frequently use in our lab. Many of these are are to be used with the Praat digital speech analysis software (www.praat.org).
Praat Plugins are extensions to the Praat software. You can see them as little programs in themselves. To install a Praat plugin do the following:
- Download the plugin of your choice
- Extract the folder inside the plugin (but leave all the files in this folder)
- Move the extracted folder (starts with 'plugin_xxx') to your Praat preferences directory. If you don't know where your preferences directory is then do the following:
- Open a new script window (Praat -> New Praat Script)
- Type the following line into the script window:
- Execute the script (Run -> Run; in the script window)
- A new window will open with a path. This is your preferences directory.
- Open Praat (re-open in case Praat was already open) and the plugin will be installed under the 'New' menu.
- For more instructions consult the Praat help (search for: plugin)