Welcome to the TCC
The new Text Crunching Center (TCC) at the Department of Computational Linguistics is a service offered to all departments of the University of Zurich, as well as to external partners or customers. The TCC is one of several Platforms at the University of Zurich. Please also consider the services offered by LiRI (Linguistic Research Infrastructure).
If any of the following applies to you, you are in the right place:
- As a researcher, do you want to base your empirical findings on textual data?
- Does your company need help in managing or processing a collection of documents?
- Do you want to automate tedious manual tasks involving text?
- Do you intend to make your documents machine-readable?
- Do you want to detect historical trends, political leanings, personal stance?
- Do you have an interesting application in mind which is built on text?
- Does your text search need an upgrade?
- Do you want to get started to implement language technology solutions yourself?
Do you have historical documents that you are looking to digitalise?
If you need help with the technological side of things, we are here for you!
At the TCC a team of experts in Natural Language Processing supports your text technology needs.
- Text Analytics
- Text Mining
- Information Extraction
- Sentiment Detection
- Text Classification
- Machine Translation
We offer consulting, coaching, and support in the following scenarios (among others):
- Digitalisation of printed texts and manuscripts including OCR
- Efficient information extraction and analysis of large text collections
- Enrichment of texts with named entities, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, and classification, including multilingual and historical texts
- Advice on tools, software, and best practices
- Help with project applications and common projects
- Ready-made solutions
Check for some teasers of our work.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org