How to enrol for courses
- You study the guidelines and study regulations (see below) of the major and minor subjects you have taken and determine which courses you should take in the various subjects in the first semester.
- You use the electronic course catalogue to determine whether time conflicts arise; if such conflicts arise, proceed according to the information in our "FAQ on the Study of Computational Linguistics" under the heading "Course Planning/Modules" "What can you do if courses in major and minor/subjects overlap"?
- In the electronic course catalogue, you compile a list of the courses to be attended and print it out.
- Using this notepad, you book the courses with the university's booking tool (please note booking deadlines! see also details on module booking).
- All CL courses are displayed as campus courses in OLAT. When you book a module, you are automatically registered (after 4 hours at the latest) as a participant in the corresponding OLAT course.
Where can I find important documents and leaflets for my studies?
Where are announcements, tutor positions, etc. advertised?
Our mailing list "cl-listATlists.ifi.uzh.ch" distributes information (important announcements, excursions, courses, vacant tutoring positions, job offers) to our students. Be sure to subscribe to this mailing list!
First semester day
The first semester day of the University of Zurich's Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences usually takes place on Thursday in the week before the start of the semester. There you will get to know your university and your main subject better through personal contact. The presentation is available online.