In our "Job Center" we try to provide you with some useful information relating to finding a job in the area of "HLT" (Human Language Technology). However, this is only intended to get you started with your search. If you come across other interesting "pointers" in the course of your own research, we would be very grateful if you would make them available to us. Your successors will thank you.
HLT Firmen und Organisationen
- Companies and organistions in Switzerland that develop or utilise HLT or specific components or features of it:
- Nuance www.nuance.de
- STAR Language Technology & Solutions www.star-solutions.net
- Canoo www.canoo.com
- CLS Corporate Language Services AG www.cls.ch
- Eurospider www.eurospider.com
- acrolinx www.acrolinx.de
- Schweizerische Bundeskanzlei, Zentrale Sprachdienste www.admin.ch/ch/d/bk/sp
- Schweizerische Bundeskanzlei, Sektion Terminologie http://www.bk.admin.ch/org/bk/00332/04833/index.html?lang=de
- Google Europe www.google.ch/jobs
- Novartis www.novartis.ch/de/careers/
- Hoffmann Roche, Sprachendienst http://careers.roche.com/
- Credit Suisse, Terminologie & Dokumentation www.credit-suisse.com/careers
- Swiss Life Sprachendienst www.swisslife.ch
- Thomson Reuters Global Resources jobs.thomsonreuters.com/provider of information for businesses and professionals.
- finnova AG Bankware www.finnova.coma company developing and marketing modular bankware
- Semfinder www.semfinder.ch: Vollautomatische Interpretation ärztlicher Diagnosen und Prozeduren dank semantischer Interpretation. Ermittlung auch komplexer Diagnosen und Prozeduren.
Meta-Lists with links to job portals
- Career Services Center at the University of St. Gallen Information platform for students, graduates and employers. Very diverse and comprehensive.
- Linkliste der Universität Würzburg (bad link)
Specific to Informatics
- www.informatikjobs.ch Swiss job portal for informations scientists, which can be sorted depending on various criteria.
- Jobs.ch, Informatik/Telekom Swiss job portal
- www.careerjet.ch/stellenangebote-informationstechnologie.html Careerjet
- http://www.nicollcurtin.com/job-search Jobs in UK, Singapore and Switzerland
- Stellenportal Bund Job board of the Swiss government
- www.renego.ch Jobs from job portals, companies and recruitment agencies in Switzerland
- www.stellen.ch Swiss job portal
- www.jobs.ch Swiss job portal
- www.topjobs.ch Swiss job portal The leading executive job market on the Internet with special offers for graduates.
- www.jobsuchmaschine.ch Swiss job portal
- jooble.org Large job search engine
- www.neuvoo.ch Large job search engine
Germany and Austria
Job portals for university graduates
- http://www.absolventa.de/ Job portal ABSOLVENTA
- www.akademiker-online.de/ 35'000 job advertisements. Additional offers: Application-relevant information about 250 German companies, company reports.
- www.jobstairs.de/ Job portal of 27 major German companies for professionals, executives, university graduates, interns and trainees.
- Alma Mater Applicant profiles. Additional offers: PR-announcements from universities, information about studies, job applications and sample letters for foreign applications.
- www.dozentenpool24.de/ Appointment information for educational institutions and trainers.
- www.cesar.de/ job offers from 20 German job portals centralised in one place for time-saving searches.
- Bundesanstalt für Arbeit (BA) Approx. 400,000 job offers. Additional offers: Information on green cards, study and career counseling and monetary services
- www.arbeitsagentur.de/ Information for employers and applicants (International and national positions including internship placements).
- www.berufsstart.de/ Many job offers. Additional offers: company index, career tips, application planning, events, email service, etc.
- www.jobmonitor.com/ Thousands of current jobs from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Quick overview of results, clear and well structured.
- www.jobbydoo.de Job portal for Germany
- at.gigajob.com Gigajob - Jobs in Austra and abroad
Job portals for university graduates
- www.graduatelink.com Graduate Link promotes graduate jobs and careers in the Yorkshire and Humber region for graduates throughout the UK.
- www.milkround.com British graduate recruitment website.
- www.jobs.ac.uk Research, Science, Academic, Teaching and Management jobs and studentships in the public and private sector. Effective and efficient
- www.PhDjobs.com ECI - Postgraduate Career Service
- www.reed.co.uk Search the widest selection of jobs on the UK's biggest job site!
- www.ukdirectory.co.uk Welcome to the UK Directory employment channel offering listings for career advice, recruitment agents, IT jobs, finance jobs, engineering jobs, teaching jobs, nursing jobs, hospitality jobs, sales and marketing jobs.
- jobs.guardian.co.uk/ The Guardian job centre
- jobbydoo.co.uk/ Job portal for England
- www.jobsite.co.uk Jobs UK & rest of Europe
Job portal for university graduates
- www.eurograduate.com Thousands of career opportunities across Europe.
- www.stepstone.com StepStone operates Europe's leading online recruitment sites as well as providing complete online solutions for enterprise recruiters.
Sites with a strong orientation towards HLT application
Typical application areas for HLT
|Tourism and Transport||
|Publishers, Information brokers||
|Access to the Internet||
|Education / Training||
Concrete job profiles
Here we have compiled a number of concrete job profiles from job postings in various newslists.
Computer software that adapts existing word processing systems to the new spelling.
Design interactive dialogue systems that offer a platform of services to consumers.
''Knowledge base'' development and tuning within a pattern-matching text extraction knowledge base'' development and tuning within a pattern-matching text extraction environment.
Named-entity extraction, document clustering, processing noisy text from OCR and speech, language identification.
Design, implement and administer SQL Server 2000 databases, containing linguistic data for machine translation.
Maintain and augment machine-readable dictionaries, grammar rules and parse trees.
Evaluate and analyze machine translation output.
- Maintenance and augmentation of machine-readable dictionaries.
- Maintenance and augmentation of machine-readable grammar rules and parse trees.
- Development and maintenance of tools for automation/support of linguistic tasks.
- Technical evaluation, specification, development, and engineering support for new MT/NLP algorithms, components and interfaces.
- Linguistic evaluation and analysis of machine translation output.
- Quality assurance testing of machine translation systems.
Review a development of public biomedical text search services.
Check proprietary (commericial) lexicon for completeness and accuracy, including reviewing coverage of headwords and morphological information.
Develop sense disambiguation technology to support information retrieval, and will initially be responsible for:
- Designing, building and testing components for fine and coarse sense disambiguation based on semantic constraints
- Developing linguistic components for parsing, named entity recognition and boundary detection
- Developing and testing techniques for semantically expanding queries to improve precision and recall using a semantically enhanced index
- Developing and experimenting with techniques for unsupervised acquisition of compound and collocation frames
Dreating linguistic databases, providing formalized analysis of morphological structure of the language(s), assisting Linguistic staff in building a morphological analyzer and performing testing and evaluation.
Document gathering, information extraction, thesaurus indexing, multilingual classification and clustering, document similarity calculation visualisation of textual information.
Provide language-related support for name-matching software. Analysis of name data; rule writing, editing, and optimizing; preparation of test databases; product testing; development of training content.
Apply advanced technology research, experimental design, analysis, prototype development, testing, and reporting in the area of information retrieval
Drive the first release of a multi-language component platform that supports tokenization, morphology, spelling, compounding, and other word and phrase level natural language analysis
Coordinate and contribute to linguistic work for speech recognizer language module development
- Maintain and enhance pronunciation dictionaries for multiple languages, as well as the dictionary databases.
- Evaluation of commercial dictionaries for purchase
- Coordinate and contribute to linguistic work for text-to-speech Synthesizer voice creation
- Creation and extension of scripts used for voice talent recording
- Run auto-annotation tool on new Synthesizer voices and correct segmentation and annotations.
- Monitor script annotation quality from the Nuance and external transcription group
- Develop normalization rules for acronyms, abbreviations, etc. for multiple languages
- Tuning of initial voice releases, relative to POS tagging, parsers and prosody modeling
- Participate in the development of new and tuned Speech Recognizer Language Modules
- Collection of recognizer training data:
- Internal and external data collection
- Utterance recordings from customer sites in cooperation with Professional Service team
- Evaluation of commercial databases for purchase
- Monitor data transcription quality from the Nuance and external transcription group
- Language module development including, training, testing, documentation and packaging
Assist developers and testers in developing speech recognition engines for French and German. Works closely with developers on feature implementation and checking data for spelling and pronunciation consistency. Will work closely with test to assess status and create test sets.
You will be:
- Involved in providing linguistic expertise to the application development team and the ongoing development of databases for use with the client's product.
- Researching unknown language rules.
- Investigating differences in use of language in different document types and market sectors.
- Liaising with client document experts to understand exceptional language use.
Implementing and modifying linguistic rules, developing speech databases, and testing TTS voices in Dutch, Italian, and European Portuguese
Develop technology for the artificial editing of digital media, including for purposes such as search & retrieval and the automated personalization of broadcasts. Research includes investigations into word sense disambiguation, topic detection, corpus analysis, the combination of speech recognition and parsing data, and the analysis of prosodic cues. Requires significant background in one of the two following areas:
- automated detection and analysis of discourse structure, via RST or similar means; or
- large-scale statistical modeling and data analysis, including knowledge of a wide variety of techniques.
Development of information extraction technology:
- Development of grammars for information extraction modules
- Creation of domain-specific dictionaries
- Developing new technologies for terminology extraction and management
Developing new technologies for corpus processing and automated grammar rule generation
Evaluation of information retrieval systems. Designing and developing dialogue systems for human-computer interaction products.
Enabling interactive voice access to Internet-based information, using natural spoken language... anywhere, anytime, on any device, from any network. Designs & develops speech enabled phone applications based on the W3C standard VoiceXML 2.0.
It has built several VoiceXML applications in French & English and now plans to localize these applications. Create & maintain Dutch phonetic dictionaries, used in speech recognition applications. Create & maintain formal grammars (Nuance GSL format) in Dutch, used in speech recognition applications. Develop Voice user Interface prompts in Dutch, in collaboration with Voice user Interface designer. Conduct linguistic analyses of specific application domains
Text Mining from biomedical text. The task is to adapt and extend existing natural language processing software to the biomedical domain.
- Design, development and maintenance of formal grammars for our several new or existing translation engines.
- Design and development of the linguistic components of our new generation of translation systems.
Develop state-of-the-art text-to-speech and speech recognition systems. Develop lexica supplying high quality pronunciations in several languages for TTS and ASR. The job will also involve the development of systems to automatically generate words that are not in the lexical. You will work on text processing front ends to TTS systems that account for the specific requirements of each language. In order to make highly realistic synthetic voices, you will work on prosodic and phonological models that capture human speech variation.
- Develop and maintain pronunciation lexica for text-to-speech and speech recognition systems
- Develop and maintain automatic pronunciation generation systems
- Develop text processing algorithms
- Develop prosodic and phonological models for text-to-speech systems
- Developing the English dictionaries for our top-quality commercial machine translation system
- Training and supervision of terminologists and lexicographers
- Quality control of dictionary entries to ensure enhanced and extended lexical coverage of the system
- Designing and developing tools for making dictionary development more efficient
Developing porting methodology to adapt Cymfony's information extraction engine, InfoXtract, to new domains such as law and medicine. This requires porting the Named Entity (NE) tagger, as well as relationship and event detection. Porting to a new domain will involve developing new grammars and statistical models. Cymfony has developed the machine-learning tools that are required for this effort. This position entails application of these techniques for the specific problem of domain porting.
Working towards the production of a true natural language and mixed-initiative Virtual Personal Assistant. The VPA will embody conversational interaction, incorporating multi-modal input and output in a mobile device with access to agenda, email and contacts and the potential for rapid integration of other Internet content. The development of current and new research is required to generate adequate language recognition models for non-trivial domains and the fusion of multi-modal information with updated databases (to feed a mobile 3G service). The project deploys new research in natural language understanding, specifically: (1) Sophisticated dialogue management that adapts to the experience and style of the user; and (2) An advanced language model capable of integrating and unifying several models of linguistic knowledge.
Development of an interlingua-based machine translation system from different source languages to English.
Speech recognition, voice authentication and text-to-speech software is changing the way companies interact with customers over the phone. Systems for automated directory assistance, voice-activated dialing, self-service banking and voice-driven customer relationship management.
As part of our support team, you will:
- Provide technical support to customers
- Train customers in the use of TRADOS products
- Develop training materials
- Support and train our sales staff
Responsible for establishing and managing corporate standards for user interface design and application usability, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems, and graphical, web, multimedia, voice response, and conversational user interfaces. Position works with cross-functional product teams to deliver best-in-class user interfaces for a variety of applications in support of corporate/marketing goals.
Applications and interviews
Here you will find information on how to write a letter of application (including a curriculum vitae). There is also some information on employment references.