I am a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Computational Linguistics, supervised by Gerold Schneider and Martin Volk. The position is funded through Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists. I am also collaborating with the Department of Comparative Linguistics under supervision of Sabine Stoll to parse the Persian CHILDES corpus. I am mainly interested in parsing and treebanking, psycholinguistics, digital humanities, e-learning, and syntax-prosody interface.
- 09/2019 – present: Postdoc, Universität Zürich (CH), Department of Computational Linguistics
- 10/2015 – 09/2019: PhD, Alzahra University (IR), Department of linguistics
- 10/2012 – 08/2014: Master of Arts, Philipps-Universität Marburg (D)
- 09/2009 – 01/2012: Master of Arts, Shiraz University (IR), Department of Linguistics
- 09/2005 – 06/2009: Bachelor of Arts, Yasuj University (IR)
- 2019: Teaching “computational linguistics and Lexical Functional Grammar”, teaching assistant for PhD course “syntax”, Alzahra University
- 2018: Teaching M.A. course “History and Evolution of Iranian Languages”, Alzahra University (Orumia branch)
- 2018: Tutoring international M.A. student in linguistics, Alzahra University
- 2014-2018: General and technical English courses, Fars Elmikarbordi University (IR)
- 2009-2010: Research assistant for the B.A. courses "Listening1 & Listening2", Shiraz University
- 2005-2015: Teaching English as a foreign language (various language schools)
- 04/2015 – 11/2017: English Content Provider at Vice Chancellery for Global Strategies and International Affairs, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) (IR)
- 10/2014 – 10/2015: Web Designer, School of Medicine at SUMS (IR)
- 09/2014 – 09/2015: News Translator, Public Relations at SUMS (IR)
Publications and Projects
- Abdollahi, S. 2019. Automatic Development of the Persian LFG Treebank, PhD Thesis, Alzahra University, Tehran, Iran.
- Abdollahi, S., Haghbin, F., Ghayoomi, M. 2019. Lexical Functional Grammar Levels of Representation in Certain Persian Syntactic Structures. Journal of Language Research. Article 10, Volume 9, Issue 2, Winter and Spring 2019, Pages 195-214.
- Abdollahi, S., Shokrpur, N. 2018. Translating the book “Acupuncture: An Evidence Based Study”. Alireza Salehi, Mohammad Hadi Imanieh, Maryam Marzban. Navideshiraz Publication.
- Abdollahi, S., Hashemi, B., 2018. Developmental Trends in Voice Onset Time (VOT) of Plosives in Pediatric Cochlear Implantees, presented orally and published in the proceedings of International Conference on Laboratory Phonetics and Phonology. Alzahra University, Tehran, November 14-15, 2018.
- Abdollahi, S., Nurbakhsh, M., Hashemi, B., Haghjou, Sh. 2016. The Influence of Primary School Education on the Voice Onset Time (VOT) of Plosives in Cochlear Implant Recipients, presented as a Poster and the abstract was published in the proceedings of 4th International Congress on Cochlear Implant and Relate Sciences, p1. Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, April 2016.
- Abdollahi, S. 2014. Aphasia in Bilinguals: A Cognitive- Linguistic Disorder, M.A Thesis, Philipps Universität Marburg, Deutscland. Levels of Language Representation in the Mind: An Interactive Application. Semesterproject, Sommer 2013, Philipps Universität Marburg, Deutschland.
- Abdollahi, S. 2012. An HPSG and Corpus-Based Analysis of Argument Structure of Persian Verbs, M.A Thesis, Shiraz University, Shiraz.
- Hajiani, F. and Abdollahi, S. 2011. A Phonological Description of Ghalāti Dialect, Innova Ciencia Journal, volume 4, issue 2.
- Abdollahi, S. 2010. A Linguistic Analysis of Hafiz and Edgar Allan Poe, Regarding Rhetorical Aspects, presented orally and the abstract was published in the proceedings of 1st national conference on teaching Persian and linguistics, p1. Ferdowsi University, Mashhad, Februar 2010.
- Abdollahi, S. and Kazemi. A. 2010. Applicability of MT to Translation from and to Persian, presented orally and the abstract was published in the proceedings of the national conference on translation studies, p2. Birjand. Mai 2010.